The UB Drumline is the marching battery percussion section of the "Thunder of the East" Marching Band. We currently accept all interested persons into our section. Hard work and a positive attitude are always rewarded in our group regardless of your skill level!
Join us for the Fall?
While in Drumline, we develop long lasting friendships and make a lot of memories along the way. We are very friendly and open-minded, we welcome everyone from all backgrounds and abilities. Even if you donít have a lot of experience or any for that matter, we are very helpful and are glad to work with any interested learner. If you have just begun to drum or have been drumming forever we want you! We have open positions throughout the line on snare, tenors, basses, and cymbals!
The UB Drumline is a great experience, we perform quality music, put on great shows and have a lot of fun in the process!
Did you know?
- Drumline Members are eligible for scholarships too! All you have to do is complete the scholarship application and perform an audition during our annual band camp. All of the info for the scholarship is online; you will have the opportunity to to receive a $250-$750 scholarship!
- Even if you donít receive a scholarship you WILL receive a stipend for successful completion of the season. Stipends range from $125-$250 depending on duties within the band and seniority!
- Drumming Experience is required. Membership is open to drummers of all performance levels- so please don't worry you will have a spot.
- Additional requirements are: high energy, intensity, optimism, and great attitudes
- Being a part of the UB Drumline requires you to register for camp by completing the online registration.
- During the Fall Semester we will rehearse with the band on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6:30-8:30 PM. You may also receive class credit (2 credits) for participation by registering for MUS 130. You may register by logging on to HUB or by requesting the assistance of your academic advisor.
2014 Band Camp - We will announce the dates and times of our annual training camp on/around March 2014.